Are you a QuickBooks user? Are you dealing with the QuickBooks Error the File Exists? Then you have landed o the correct page. This article is solely dedicated to the complete details about the QuickBooks Error The File Exists.
QuickBooks is a retail managing software that helps the user to easily manage their business. The owner of small and big businesses liked the application for its amazing features. The software also improves the service by launching different useful tools like QuickBooks Tool Hub and QuickBooks File Doctor. However just like any other application QuickBooks also has many issues that have spoiled the user experience over time. We understand how irritating errors can get while facing them in the middle of the work. Some issues could be damaging enough to delete or corrupt important company files.
But, not anymore! Read the article till the end. It will help to educate the user more about the QuickBooks errors and the QuickBooks error message the File Exists. SO let’s begin!
What is QuickBooks Error the File Exists?
The error generally occurs while working on the accounting-related tab. Users have shared that they mostly experience the issue during downloading the payroll updates, or opening a federal form, or paying liabilities. If you are dealing with the QuickBooks error file that exists, and are not sure what could be the trigger that has caused the issue in your system then do not worry. We have listed some of the common reasons behind the occurring issue.
While facing the error the user might witness the following error message:
“The specific file that you have requested cannot open. Confirm, if it is not used by some other program or a read-only file.”
So if you are getting the same message then it is certain that your system has the QuickBooks file exists error.
Causes that Triggered the QuickBooks Error The File Exists?
However, there could be many causes behind the occurrence of the File Exist error. In the list below, we have listed down some of the most common ones. So before jumping directly into the solution we would recommend you have a look at the triggers.
- The expired or outdated Firewall may also trigger an error in your system.
- Due to low internet connectivity, the user may face the QuickBooks file exists error.
- You might have assigned the admin rights to QuickBooks.
- The improper installation of the QuickBooks application could also cause the problem.
- You might be using an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop.
Resolve the QuickBooks Error The File Exists
Now since you have identified the issue you are facing and also know the reasons behind it, it is time to fix it. You should fix the problem from your system as soon as possible to avoid further complications. The user with little knowledge of technology can easily perform the steps on their own.
Method 1: Fix the File Exists During Printing
- Press the keys Windows + R on the keyboard simultaneously to open the Run tab.
- On the search bar kind Control and press Enter.
- Choose the choice of Devices and Printers.
- Click on the Device choice and prefer the Remove option on the printer.
- Exit from the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Now open the tab of Task Manager. Press CTRL + ALT + DEL on the keyboard along with the route, otherwise, you may open the tab from the taskbar.
- Look for the file “QBW32.exe” and click it to select.
- To complete the method tap on the affirmative choice, Yes, once the confirmation seems on the screen.
- Now visit C Drive and click on Program Data. Then click on QuickBooks within the Intuit file. you’ll additionally follow the navigation as C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Intuit\(QuickBooks_version)\TSPrinterSettings\.
- Now hunt for the file “QBPRINT.qbp.” and hit the delete button.
- Try to print once more when rebooting the system.
Method 2: Allow Full Control Access
- On the Desktop tap on the QuickBooks icon then opt for the choice Properties.
- Tap on the Open File Location within the Menu then delete the complete file address.
- Choose the Properties possibility on the QB Folder.
- In the section of Security, seek the choice Edit then click on Add.
- Select Everyone and tap on the button OK.
- Now go for the Full management option and tap on Apply.
- If you have got followed the previous steps successfully, then resuscitate the system to finish the method then try and work on the QuickBooks file to examine whether or not the error resolved.
Method 3: Verify the Internet Connection
- Open the Window of the default browser and check out to open a website.
- If you have got active web connections then the page can effectively open. However, you would possibly face issues if the webserver isn’t properly operating, which can be the rationale for the obstruction.
- Make sure that the SSL settings don’t seem to be fallible.
- Try to check there are not any dropped Internet packets. you’ll be able to do this by validating the latency of the network.
- When you area unit playacting the on top of steps, you must use the default browser of the system.
We have come to the end of the article. The above are a few possible ways to fix the QuickBooks error file that exists. Hopefully, you have liked the blog and found it informative. However, if you are still facing the issue then try to take professional help. For professional help, you can always contact the support team of QuickBooks. To get the helpline number go to the official website of Intuit. If the article helped you to resolve the error from your system, then please share it with your family and friends. You can also check out other QuickBooks-related articles on our website.